The term ‘tafsir’ is derived from the root word ‘fassara,’ which means to explain or expand. As a result, Quran Tafseer refers to the explanations or interpretations of the Quran’s passages. The Tafsir of the Quran is not something done by someone with normal intellect and comprehension of Islam; rather, it is done by persons who have gained substantial knowledge of Islam and have extensively examined the history of Islam. The goal of a Tafsir is to discover the genuine meanings of Quran verses so that the audience may profit from them and understand the Quran’s actual message.
Quran is the message of Allah Almighty, a person’s overall capability. As well as knowledge must be sharpened in order to comprehend it in its entirety. Only until one has reached a certain intellectual level may he or she begin to comprehend the genuine meaning that Allah Almighty delivered through the verses of the Quran.
To offer a complete explanation, translation, and clear comprehension of Allah’s (SWT) words and message, Quran Tafseer draws on a variety of different disciplines like linguistics, fiqh, hadith, and theology.
The Importance of Quran Tafseer
The importance of Quran Tafseer is enormous, and it provides several advantages to every Muslim, including:
- The fundamental purpose of the Tafseer Quran is to enable Muslims fully comprehend Allah’s (SWT) message and directives so that they may follow them. After all, if you don’t know something, you can’t perform it correctly!
- The Holy Quran is without a doubt the most beautiful literature ever written. So, even if you can read Arabic fluently, you won’t be able to fully comprehend the Quranic passages without Quran Tafseer.
- The Tafsir and Translation of the Quran are crucial in establishing Islamic rules. It provides a full, clear, and comprehensive collection of Islamic commandments by combining Quranic verses and Hadith from the prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Its goal is to make memorizing the Quran easier. You will be able to absorb and remember the words you read from the Holy Quran much better if you comprehend them.
- Because the Quran directs people to what is right and calls for the truth, Quran Tafseer wards off evil, calls for and supports the truth, and deals with what pleases Allah Almighty.
- Tafseer Quran makes it easier to study the Quran in Tajweed. When you understand the genuine meaning of words in the Quran, you’ll be better able to pronounce them accurately and without making any mistakes.
- Tafsir science is one of the sciences that enlightens those who study it. This is due to the fact that it entails the translation of Allah Almighty’s Book, which offers an explanation of the regulations.
- The revelation, like the Sunnah and the obligatory, was revealed to the Prophet – peace and blessings be upon him.